Most people claim their "break-up" cake (or comfort food) is a heavy chocolate torte, however I love this lemon curd cake. A fat wedge warmed and accompanied with some low fat natural yogurts and a dollop of lemon curd it is delish!
1 1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Heaped Teaspoons Lemon Curd
1 Tablespoon Golden Syrup
2 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Water
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy in an electric mixer.
3. Add eggs one at time to butter mixture, then lemon curd and golden syrup and mix well.
4. Add flour and baking powder and mix until almost combined, then add water and mix until combined.
5. Pour mixture into a 20cm tin (which is greased and the bottom is baking paper lined).
6. Bake for 40 -50 mins until a cake tester comes out clean.