Cream Cheese Pastry
This can be used as an alternative to puff pastry for quiches, pies and over savory pastry based dishes. Its great due to the fact its relatively quick and easy to make up from ingredients which normally you would have in your fridge or pantry! A family friend of ours, Jenny Parry, introduced Mum and I to this fab recipe.
This recipe is a Ruth Pretty creation.
2 Cups + 1 Tablespoon Flour
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Cup Cream Cheese
170g Unsalted Butter, Diced
2 Tablespoons Iced Water
1 Tablespoon Cider Vinegar
1. Place flour, baking powder and cream cheese in a food processor and whiz until almost combined.
2. Add butter and process until butter is size of small peas.
3. Add water and vinegar and process further until dough just beginning to come together.
4. Knead on a lightly floured board and work into a ball.
5. Wrap the ball in clingfilm and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight before rolling out.