The girls from Lovely Wee Days bought some dried fruit powder from Fresh As. I was lucky enough to have been asked to go in with them for some strawberry and passionfruit powder. After picking it up last week I couldn't wait to try it. Therefore yesterday I made some vanilla cupcakes and smothered them with strawberry frosting (normal frosting with 1 teaspoon dried strawberry powder).
Probably some of the best icing I have ever had! Especially for the minimal fuss it required!
1 1/2 Cups Flour
3 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/3 Cup Milk
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one by one, beating well after each addition.
4. Add vanilla, flour, baking powder and milk and beat until just combined.
5. Spoon into paper cases and bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
6. Place each on wire tray to cool before icing with your choice of frosting.