Thursday, November 10, 2011

Baking: Coconut Chocolate Cupcakes/Cake

Coconut Chocolate Cupcakes/Cake
This post was from the friday cupcake party...

One of my dear friends and past flatmates was not only dairy-free but soy also. Therefore this made it very difficult when going out to cafes and restaurants, as soy is often used as a replacement for diary (i.e. soy milk instead of normal milk). 

When my current flatmates and I decided to put on a little party at the end of the year I we thought a little about what we could bake that would include everyone.

One of the items we choose were various types of cupcakes, and to make the cheating chocolate cake recipe I often make.

Kath (my dear friend) is dairy-free so we decided to replace the buttermilk with coconut milk. I tried it out as a cake and Heather LOVE LOVE LOVED it. However you will see here it was made in cupcake form (note the icing has salad oil instead of butter substituted in it).

Ingredients:
1 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
1/2 Cup Oil
1/2 Cup Water

was substituted for the Quickest Easiest One Bowl and Spoon Chocolate Cake's buttermilk/oil and water

No comments:

Post a Comment