To be honest I don't believe Tiramisu is one of those desserts which needs to be made with carefully measured out ingredients. Its more of a add, test taste then add some more type of recipe. Mine loosely revolves around the measurements found below, however sometimes depending on the occasion is is more boozy than others.
As Carter pointed out that this after indulging in this weekends creation, perhaps driving after may not be a good idea.
4 Large Eggs
Approx 1 Cup Caster Sugar
2 Packets/ Pottles 200/250g Mascapone
1/4 Cup Cream2 Teaspoons Vanilla Essence
2 Packets Dried Sponge Fingers
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
1/4 Cup Strong Coffee
2 Tablespoons to 1/4 Cup Brandy
1 60g Bar Dark Chocolate
2 Tablespoons Dutched Cocoa1. Separate eggs, putting the egg whites into a medium sized glass/metal bowl and the egg yolks in a large glass/metal bowl.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat egg yolks and sugar together until pale, light and fluffy.
3. Add cream and masapone and beat until combined.
4. Clean beater thoroughly, then beat egg whites until stiff.
5. Fold in vanilla and then the egg white into cream mixture.
6. Combine, brandy and coffee in another bowl.
7. Lightly dip sponge fingers into the coffee mixture and use them to line the bottom of a large rectangular dish. Use approximately half (I use just under as the width of the top of my container is slightly larger than the bottom).
8. Chop up half the chocolate and sprinkle it over the fingers.
9. Layer half the cream mixture on top of the sponge and spread out evenly.
10. Dip the rest of the sponge fingers and place orderly on top of the cream mixture.
11. Cover the sponge fingers with the remaining cream mixture and spread out evenly.
12. Dust using a sieve with cocoa powder and grate the rest of the chocolate over.