Boysenberry, White Chocolate and Almond Friands
I have made this a million and a half times. I love how easy and quick they are to make up, the beautiful smell of warm friands and the fact that you have eggs yolks left over with to make custard, creme brulee or something equally satisfying.
They are perfect for morning or afternoon tea, a treat after lunch or a delicious after dinner nibble.
The boysenberry can be substituted with, any other type of berry, plums, peaches or poached fruit (i.e. apple, pear and rhubarb).
175g Melted Butter
1 Cup Almond Meal
6 Egg Whites, Beaten until stiff
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Essence
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste
1 1/2 Cups Icing Sugar
1/2 Cup Flour
12 Boysenberries (frozen or fresh)
12 Squares White Chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 190C
2. Place all ingredients but boysenberries, chocolate and egg whites in bowl and combine.
3. Add egg white and fold gently in until almost combined.
4. Place a berry and a square of chocolate in the bottom of each greased friand mould cup. Dollop mixture ontop, dividing the mixture into the 12 cups.
5. Bake in oven for 25 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for 5 mins in tin before turning out onto wire rack.