Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Teed Street Deli, Auckland: Lemon and Blueberry Scones



I went to Teed Street Deli over the weekend and had the most amazing scone!

It had lemon rind and blueberries in it, with a sprinkling of brown sugar and cinnamon over the top to give it a sweet and crispy crust. Delish!

It was very similar to my own maple syrup scone mixture (buttery, cakey and not at all dry) so I decided to try to make my own lemon and blueberry scones!

To achieve this I added 2 teaspoons of lemon rind and 1/2 Cup frozen blueberries to my scone mixture (leave out the maple syrup and replace with sugar), additionally before cooking I sprinkled 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 tablespoon brown sugar over them.

They came out beautifully and think they tasted almost identical to the Teed Street Deli delights!

PS. To make them even more delish, sprinkle over some flaked almonds before sprinkling the cinnamon and brown sugar over the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment