Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Baking: Marsden Slice

Marsden Slice


This has been made over and over for many occasions. It takes only moments to prepare, and I have often taken it to someones house and popped it in the fridge to finished setting when I get there.

This is from the "a taste of Marsden" cookbook which was a fundraiser for my secondary school Samuel Marsden Collegiate School in Wellington (links are provided and if anyone does decide to buy one please list your house as "Johnson" as this was my house when I was at school).
NOTE: I have been caught at a before with only one packet of superwine and therefore had to use half superwine and half crispies, however I felt the coconut from the crispies was a little over powering. I have also tried other types of biscuits and would strongly recommend using only the superwine.


Ingredients
2 Packets Superwine Biscuits
200g Butter
1 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk
4 Tablespoons Golden Syrup
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
500g Hazelnut Chocolate (Almond could be used)
1. Grease and line 20 x 28cm tin

2. Melt butter together with condensed milk and golden syrup.

3. Remove from heat and milk in vanilla essence.

4. Press mixture into tin and refrigerate.

5. Break up and melt chocolate in double boiler.

6. Pour and smooth out melted chocolate over refrigerate base and place back in fridge until chocolate is just set. 

7. Slice and cut into small squares before storing in the fridge.  

It makes a fab late night nibble with a cup of tea

No comments:

Post a Comment