Saturday, October 15, 2011

Baking: More Southern Craving Red Velvet Cupcakettes


More Sourthern Craving Red Velvet Cupcakettes


I fear I maybe missing Carter, as this is the second "southern" delicacy I have made in a week! This time instead of using my usual Red Velvet Cake recipe I used the following Red Velvet Cupcakette recipe which works perfectly for 24 little mouthfuls of heaven.

Ingredients:
2.5 Cup Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
2 Teaspoons Red Food Colouring
1/2 Cup Butter, Softened, Chopped
1.5 Cups Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1 Cup Buttermilk - If I don't have buttermilk I use 1 Cup milk and 2 Teaspoons Vinegar left to sit for half an hour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda

1. Preheat oven to 180C

2. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.

3. Add eggs one at a time and mix thoroughly after each addition.

4. Beat in vanilla and food colouring, then dry ingredients (minus baking soda) until just combined.

5. In a separate jug mix baking soda into buttermilk, then pour buttermilk mix into other ingredients and stir until just combined.

6. Put teaspoonfuls of mixture into greased mini muffin tins and bake for 10 minutes.

7. Pipe on cream-cheese butter cream icing to finish.




Yes I decided to make the icing pink for a few...I thought was kinda cute

No comments:

Post a Comment