Thursday, February 24, 2011

Christchurch Quake No. 2

I have not posted anything for approximately a week as I went to a wedding last week/ weekend and secondly I went back to university in Christchurch.

As most of you will know, while I was there a fatal earthquake struck. My friends, family and myself were very lucky and none were seriously injured.

At this time, our thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of those who were not so lucky.The damage to Christchurch is horrific, and I hope everyone throughout the country bands together to help the Garden City in this time of great need.

My brother and I have evaluated to Wellington due to problems with water and the structural integrity of my flat. Also evaluating (home to Mum and Dad) seemed sensible, as the strain due to shear volume of people is being felt on water, power, communication and wastewater services.

I was there for the first quake in Sep '10. This quake (22 Feb '11) felt very very different. As we all wait, we will hopefully see many more rescued from the collapsed buildings in the CBD and Christchurch will again be able to pick itself up and start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment