Pav is a kiwi favourite, however in our family this is our favourite recipe.
3 Eggs Whites
1 ¼ Sugar
1 Teaspoon Malt Vinegar
3 Teaspoon Cornflour
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
3 Tablespoon Water (cold)
1.Preheat oven to 150C.
2. Beat egg whites very stiff, add water and beat.
3. Add sugar gradually beating well.
4. Lastly mix in the cornflour, salt, vinegar and vanilla.
5. Wet lunch paper (double) and put on cold oven tray – put mixture on wet side (Baking paper could be used instead of lunch paper and would not require wetting).
6. Turn oven down to 130C and cook for about one hour.
7. Allow to cool for five minutes before turnning onto plate (I prefer not to turn mine upside down, but this requires using a fish flip to loose the bottom of thr pav from the paper and gentley sliding off.
8. Serve, when cool, with cream, berries, vanilla pears or however desired.