Often store bought melting moments or yoyos are flourly. The recipe below are nice and buttery, delivering the melt in your mouth seasation. I have samwhiched these together over the years with lemoncello, passionfruit and vanilla frosting or jam and lemon curd.
Note: Instead of vanilla you could substitue lemon or orange rind.
275g Butter Softened
1/2 Cup Icing Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
2 Tablespoon Custard Powder
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Cornflour
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add vanilla essence and bean paste and beat until combined.
4. Add custard powder, flour and cornflour and beat until just combined.
5. Roll teaspoonfulls of mixture into balls and place on a baking paper lined tray.
6. Press balls down with a fork and bake for 18 - 20 minutes until nice and golden.
7. Allow to cool for five minutes before removing to wire rack.
8. Once cool samwich together with some frosting.