These sausage rolls ofter too many choices like starbux!
They could be made as:
a) Large sausage rolls (like mine) for dinner
b) Small sausage rolls for nibbles
c) One large sauage roll which could be cut at the table for dinner (somewhat like a meatloaf)
d) Small sausages wrapped in bacon rather than pastry
e) One large meatloaf covered in bacon
1 Sheet Pastry
800g Pork Mince
1 Onion, Finely Diced
2 Sprigs Thyme
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
2 Large Carrots, Grated
1 Tablespoon Lea and Perrins Sauce
1 Tablespoon Sweet Chili Sauce
2 Tablespoon Tomato Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Place olive oil in a saucepan and add onion and thyme. Saute onion until transparent and put aside to cool down.
3. Combine carrot, mince, sauces, eggs and cooled down onion together in a bowl.
4. Cut roll out pastry sheet to make wider then cut in half down the middle lengthwise.
5. Spoon out a row of mixture close to both lengthwise edges.
6. Roll both rows in the remaining pastry to form two pastry covered rolls.
7. Cut rolls into individual sausage rolls, place on baking paper lined tray, brush with a little milk and bake for 15 - 30 minutes (depending on size) until golden brown.